Dharana: The Sixth Limb of Patanjali's Astanga Yoga
This handbook, the second in the series, presents a range of practices towards dhāraṇā which are firmly rooted in the teachings of Patañjali’s Yoga Sūtra.
It is a practical companion text and includes:
- An accessible explanation of the dhāraṇā sūtra.
- Asana sequences which relate to dhāraṇā.
- A graduated plan for developing Śītāli-Ujjāyī prāṇāyāma
- Off the mat practices to support understanding.
- A comprehensive bibliography.
- Recommended websites for high quality information and training.
The scheme is designed so that practitioners can use the whole course or choose specific practices.