Yama: The First Limb of Patanjali's Ashtanga Yoga
This handbook presents a complete six week course on yama which is firmly rooted in the teachings of Patañjali’s Yoga Sūtra. It is a practical companion text and includes:
- An accessible explanation of the yama sūtra.
- Weekly asana sequences which relate to each of the yama.
- A graduated plan for developing ujjāyī prāṇāyāma.
- Thirty yama based mantra for meditation.
- Six complete relaxation scripts.
- More than thirty ‘off-the-mat’ practices which support understanding.
- A comprehensive bibliography.
- Recommended websites for easy access to high quality information and training.
The course is designed so that readers can use the whole course or choose specific practices to bring fresh ideas to existing plans.